Enhanced self-employed policy
Great news! We have refreshed how we assess self‑employed applicants whilst maintaining a common‑sense approach.
- NEW- Profit before taxation plus directors remuneration can now be used. An average is taken over the last 2 years if 100% of shareholders are on the mortgage and sustainability of the business can be confirmed
- Salary & Dividends can be used. An average of last 2 years where sustainability can be evidenced
- Partnerships/Sole traders – We use a 2 year average of profit from self‑employment where sustainability can be evidenced
- All businesses must have been trading for a minimum 3 of years
- 6 months business bank statements are required on all self‑employed cases to confirm the sustainability of the business
- Maximum LTV is 95% LTV; 80% where SIESS grants have been taken in the last 6 months
For full details on the points above or to discuss a potential case, please call your BDM and refer to our Mortgage Lending Criteria Guide.
Documentation requirements can be found on our product guides.