Green Mortgages Launch
As part of the NatWest Groups commitment to our climate agenda we recently announced the launch of our Green Mortgage Product Range.
What you need to know:
- The Green mortgage product range will provide preferential interest rates on selected products (excluding shared equity and help to buy), specifically for those customers who purchase a residential property that has an Energy Performance Certificate rating of A or B.
- The Property must have a current EPC rating of A or B and be recorded as such on the respective Government Registers, the links for which can be found on our A-Z of Lending Policy. You must check the appropriate Register to confirm the current rating, prior to submission of any application.
- The new offering is available at 60%,75% and 85% LTV. (Our maximum LTV on New Build applications remains at 80%)
- The products are available for residential Purchase transactions and Porting only and will be offered across all distribution channels across the bank.
- Eligible products will be displayed across all sourcing systems.
What you need to do:
- Prior to submitting a Green mortgage application, please ensure that the current EPC rating is either A or B.
- Review the ‘Green Mortgages’ section (including FAQs) on our A-Z page of our website.
- Our application form has been updated to include a new question “Is this a Green Mortgage Application?”.
- Please follow your usual sales, advice and submission process.