We’re withdrawing products
We wanted to let you know that we’re making some changes to the following mortgages at 8pm on Wednesday 27 October.
- Selected 75% LTV fixed rates will be withdrawn.
- 75% LTV 5 Year Fixed Rate will be increased to 1.45%.
- Selected 65% and 75% LTV fixed rates will be increased by up to 0.25%.
- 85% LTV 3 Year Fixed Rate with £995 fee will be withdrawn.
- Selected 65% and 75% LTV fixed rates will be increased by up to 0.21%.
- ERC-free tracker rates will be withdrawn.
If you’re applying for one of these mortgages on behalf of your customer, please send us the application as soon as possible.
You can find our current rates in our Mortgage Update.
We’ve improved our new-build lending criteria
We’ve improved our lending policy to give customers more choice and greater access to our mortgages. Today, we have:
- Increased our new-build maximum LTVs
- Simplified our bonus policy
- Increased the maximum term at 95% LTV
New-build LTV increases
We’ve increased our maximum residential LTVs to 90% for new-build houses and 80% for new-build flats.
For Shared Ownership, we can still lend up to 95% of the share of the property being purchased, including on new builds.
For LTVs up to 85%, we’ll accept builder’s cash incentives of up to 5% without impacting the loan. Where the LTV is greater than 85%, cash incentives must be deducted from the purchase price.
Simplified bonus calculation
Affordability calculations using annual, six-monthly or quarterly bonus payments for employed applicants are now based on the latest year’s bonus, at a rate of 60%.
We no longer require a bonus to have been received after 2 December 2020, and we only need to use a two-year average (or more recent year if lower) where the variable pay exceeds basic income.
Maximum term is now 35 years
We’ve increased our maximum term at 95% LTV to 35 years, which means the maximum term for all of our mortgages is now 35 years.
You can find full details of our lending criteria on our website.