Data Privacy, Use and Control
We all take data seriously and this page is dedicated to the resources you need to understand how we work with your data and that of your clients; who we work with and how we can help you.
Our Use of Information Notices and other policies
For most visitors, you will be a mortgage broker, IFA or similar intermediary. Our Use of Information Notice for your Personal Data is available here. This is in addition to our Terms of Business which is available here.
If you are a client that has been referred to us by your mortgage broker, IFA or intermediary then your Use of Information Notice is available here. This is not the same as our contract or other agreements which you should already have received copies of (please contact us if not).
Referral to Lenders and Providers
As set out in our Terms of Business you will be required to present our Use of Information Notice but you will also be required to present the following information notices if you have reason to believe that we will present personal data to these lenders.
Note that we will make all reasonable effort to inform you of the need to present these policies when required.
Who we work with: Processors and Sub-Processors
Brilliant Solutions maintains a current list of the subprocessors utilised in the processing of information for Brilliant Solutions Services, which may include personal data. These subprocessors are managed and individually selected by Brilliant Solutions.
- iZone Software Ltd
- Provider of Software used to Manage Clients, Cases and payments
- Banking and Professional Services Firms
- These include our accountants, Moore Stephens and our compliance support businesses as well as our legal advisers. These are managed on a contract by contract basis and we are unable to make these public.
- We use GSuite and other business services offered by Google who offer guarantees on the security of the data stored in the cloud. We run email, contacts, calendars, software and cloud storage using Google. Google’s GSuite terms and conditions are available online.
- We use servers based solely in the EU to run a wide range of services including email marketing and website hosting. The company is based in Germany. Further details available on request.
- We use an organisation and project management tool called Trello to manage internal projects. This may include small amounts of Personal Data, typically contact details but Trello’s terms and conditions are fully GDPR compliant. https://trello.com/privacy-updated
- We use this company to provide payroll software and the company offers full GDPR assurances.
- Full Contact
- We use this contact management tool which provides full GDPR assurances. https://www.fullcontact.com/privacy/
- Social Media
- We use social media and this may include some references to Personal Data. If you have any concerns, please contact us. Twitter and LinkedIn are global firms offering GDPR assurances in the EU.
- WordPress Plugins
- We use multiple plugins to deliver our online services. For security reasons we will only publish these on request but these have been audited and approved for GDPR.
- We discuss Personal Data with a wide range of providers, typically mortgage lenders. A list of these is available in our panel and proc fee section of this website or on request. Note that each provider may become a Data Controller and this will depend on the stage of the case, the nature of the transaction, the nature of the disclosure and the provider’s interpretation.
- Wherever possible, we encourage brokers to provide their clients with the provider’s Use of Information (or equivalent) policy and, in certain circumstances this may be a legal obligation on your part. To assist you in this regard, we will inform you of when you need to submit the relevant notice to your client and will collate as many of these notices as possible on this website.