TSB Mortgage Product Guides are available here but check the date to ensure it has been updated to reflect the announcements below.
Improvements to lending criteria
Last year TSB made some temporary changes to lending criteria to ensure the bank continued to lend responsibly during the coronavirus pandemic.
TSB is now able to return to higher loan to value lending for self-employed customers and be more flexible in the use of different types of income in the affordability assessment from Friday 5 March 2021.
A summary of lending criteria changes:
· Removal of temporary maximum 75% LTV cap for applications where one or more customers are self-employed.
· Return to maximum 40-year term on 90% LTV lending, increased from a temporary 30-year maximum term.
· Return to accepting 60% of overtime and commission income, based on latest three-month average.
· Return to accepting 60% of bonus income paid weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
· Please note: Bonus income paid quarterly, half-yearly or annually will remain unacceptable and must not be keyed.